Adapted from: Baking Illustrated
Photos By: ME (yes! i got a SLR already=))
I don’t even know whether this qualifies as a short hiatus. A quick check tells me that the last time I blogged over here was on june 29th of LAST YEAR. That is like…more than a year ago.
In any case. Things have been moving along and i m finally finally back home (Singapore <3)!
Been trying to bake regularly too since I hardly am motivated to do so back at Duke. Sadly, I have lost a little bit of mojo (maybe baking products in the U.S. are different than in Singapore?!) but still!! I am trying…
I found a really great banana nut loaf (the bf insists it tasted more like a cake than a loaf of bread!grr) recipe that I would love to share!
Makes a 9-inch loaf (use a loaf pan measuring 9″ x 5″ x 3″)
2 cups (10 oz) or all purpose flour
1 1/4 cups chopped coarse walnuts
1/2 cup sugar
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3 very ripe, soft, darkly speckled large bananas (1 1/2 cups)
1/4 cup plain yoghurt
2 large eggs, beaten lightly
6 tbsp unsalted butter, melted and cooled
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Adjust oven rack to lower middle position. Heat oven to 350F
2. Grease loaf pan. Dust with flour, tap out excess
3. Spread walnuts onto baking sheet and toast till fragrant (5-1o min), Set aside to cool
4. Whisk flour, sugar, baking soda, salt and walnuts in large bowl.
5. Mix mashed banans, yoghurt, eggs, butter, and vanilla with wooden spoon in medium pold.
6. Lightly fold banana mixture into the dry ingredients with a rubber spatula until just combined. Batter looks thick and chunky.
7. Pour batter into loaf pan
8. Bake for about 55 minutes till loaf is golden brown.
9. Cool in pan for 5 minutes.
10. Serve warm or at rtp.